Thursday, January 18, 2018

New Cut Files | Awesome Smile

Hi there, everyone!  It's Thursday, and time for some fun new cut file sets!  We've got a great mix of designs for you today, and I decided to combine two of the sets on my layout.  I used the Heart Shaped Box background cut file and the Main Squeeze cut file.  It's always fun to layer different cut files, to help add interest to your projects!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/573367000/the-heart-shaped-box-cut-file-is-a?ref=shop_home_feat_2




https://www.etsy.com/listing/587171901/the-main-squeeze-cut-file-includes-4?ref=shop_home_feat_1



This layout has A LOT of color!  I used the Good Vibes collection from Crate Paper.  I tried a couple of patterned papers for my background, but couldn't decide what to do at first.  Then I tried adhering the Heart Shaped Box cut file to a White card stock background, but I wasn't loving it.  So I trimmed away all of the card stock and settled on the background paper you see above!  Sometimes you just have to try a few different things, before landing on the right thing!


I love a cut file that includes a grid pattern.  The boxes inside the heart wreath are perfect for adding your favorite patterned papers.  Once I had all of the open spots filled in, I added my photo.  I used one of the cute frames from the Good Vibes collection to make the photo stand out.  Then I cut the word "Love" from the Main Squeeze cut file from a contrasting patterned paper and placed it above the photo.


And grid spots aren't just perfect for patterned papers...they're also perfect for adding embellishments.  I went through the different embellishments in the Good Vibes collection, and chose a mix of stickers, chipboard and ephemera to go in each of the grid squares.  It's definitely a busy layout, but I love the way the colors and embellishments all came together!

You can find these cut files in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store along with our other two new designs!  Head over and check them out!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/
 

1 comment:

  1. this layout is SO much fun! I LOVE all the colors and the cuts are AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete