Sunday, January 7, 2018

"Happy" with Kira

Hello friends!  It's Kira and I am back with another 12x12 layout.  I hope everyone had an amazing holiday season.  I know I did.  I got a new sewing machine on Christmas and couldn't wait to set it up and get back to stitching on my layouts!


 I used the Happy Now cut file from The Cut Shoppe to create the background of my layout.  I used the heart circles and sized them to about 3.5" x 9" and duplicated it three times.  I wanted to scrapbook this photo of my husband and I on our anniversary.  And he was thoughtful enough to buy me the Paige Evans AC sticker book so I wanted to use that as well. 



I started by taking some of the planner stickers from the sticker book and backing some of the hearts with them.  They were the perfect size for the hearts!  I kept some open too so it didn't make my layout too busy. 



Once I had the hearts backed to my liking, I adhered them lightly to my page.  Then I took out my new sewing machine (thank you greatest mother in law ever!) and stitched down each column of hearts.  Then I did a reverse stitch back up the hearts. 



I embellished the page using the sticker book as well.  Actually, the entire page was made without a single piece of pattern paper!  I tucked some stickers under the cut files, and some I popped up with craft foam to give them some dimension.  I added a few alpha stickers around the cut files spelling "Happy" and "Love" in some really tiny alphas. 



I finished off my page with a roller date stamp and called it done!  Thanks for stopping by!



Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment