Sunday, November 12, 2017

Happy Heart with Jennifer

Hello,

this is Jennifer with a new layout for The Cut Shoppe!

For this layout I used one of the new cutfiles for November: Space Cadet. I just live the galaxy feel it gives and I just had to cut it from a night sky paper from my stash.



For my title I used one of the sentiments from the Give Thanks cutfile set. I cute it from white cardstock and later on backed it with a light blue paper which I cut a bit bigger to give it a bit of a background. I find that it makes the title stand out more from the background.


For my background I used white cardstock and added a bit of mixed media. I used pearlescent watercolors from Finetex to add a shiny circle in rose gold behind the cutfile and later added a few splatters of gold and dark blue watercolors. It made my paper warp a bit because I didn't use gesso but I can live with that.


I backed the open stars from the Space Cadet cutfile with golden glitter paper and later used one of the negatives as an embellishment.



I tried capturing the shiny background with my camera to give you a bit of an impression on how it looks in the right light. It's a very subtle color.



Thanks for stopping by on The Cut Shoppe blog today. I hope you have a great day and I'll see you soon.

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment