Saturday, May 27, 2017

Mixed Media Wall Art

Hello everyone! It's Zinia here to share with you a page I created using a lovely cut file from The Cut Shoppe store.



My initial idea was to create a mixed media scrapbook layout but the mixed media part got a bit out of control and I loved it so much that I didn't want to add more things. So I decided to use it as a wall art piece and use it to decorate my craft room.


I cut out a wreath from the Spring Fling cut files set and stuck it on a piece of white cardstock using foam adhesive to give it more dimension. Then I started playing around with all sorts of paints to create an abstract background.


I started with my neutral and dark colors and spread them around the page. I also used some texture paste to add a few more details.

Then I brought in my bright colors and added fun splatters, drips and scribbles. I kept adding my mixed media paints following the shape of the wreath to accentuate it.


I really hope you enjoyed this and got inspired to use your cut files in more creative and artistic ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment