Saturday, May 20, 2017

Mermaid Art Journal Spread

Hello everyone! It's Zinia here to share with you a page I created using a lovely cut file from The Cut Shoppe store.

Last month I shared with you a really fun and colorful art journaling spread I created using cut files from the Cut Shoppe and you seemed to enjoy it. So I decided to do some more art journaling for you.



So I had a few leftover pieces of the Have a Heart cut file from my last project and I thought they would be perfect as accent of an underwater seascape. So I decided to make a mermaid art journal spread since it's MerMay. 


I started by creating a fun background with a lot of texture and color variation. I used my favorite Jane Davenport acrylic paints and some stencils.


Once I was happy with my background, I blocked out some area with white gesso and painted my mermaid. I kept her cute and simple to match with the whimsical style of the page.


Then I added the cut file pieces at two opposite corners of the page along with some pink circles and doodled around them to help them blend in with the rest of the elements.

I really hope you enjoyed this and got inspired to use your cut files in more creative ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment