Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Love Lives Here

Hey friends! I'm back with a new 12x12 scrapbook layout using the On The Road Cut File.

.



I started in Cricut Design Space by slicing out the United States image that has the "heart to travel". I duplicated the image and then used the contour feature to remove all of the letters and the heart to create a solid United States image. On the second image I used the contour feature to remove all of the icons but the heart. I then resized the heart and placed it onto the solid United States image in the approximate area of where I live. I then sliced the heart image through the solid US image. I resized the cut file to 11.5" and changed the setting from "cut" to "write". I then drew the image onto a piece of white cardstock using one of my Cricut pens. Then I cut the same image on a piece of patterned paper from the Pinkfresh Studio Dream On Collection. You can find step by step instruction for this Cricut process in my video at the bottom of the post.


Once the image was drawn onto the white cardstock I used my piercing tool and created string art using embroidery floss that coordinates with the Pinkfresh Studio Dream On Collection. After the string art was complete I adhered the patterned paper on top of the white cardstock. I hand stitched a border using the same embroidery floss around the edge of the United States image.



I then printed a photo twice using my Instax Share Printer and positioned the photos over the string art. I used multiple die cuts and stickers from the Pinkfresh Studio Dream On Collection. For final touches I added a few splatters of Black Heidi Swapp Color Shine.



Now you can take a look at my process video that includes a Cricut Design Space 3.0 Beta tutorial.



Thanks so much for joining me today and remember to head over to The Cut Shoppe Etsy Store to check out all of the cut files and digital collections.



1 comment: