Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Days like this are the Best

Hey friends!

Mandy with you today to share a layout that I created using the new Summer Vibes cut file set from The Cut Shoppe Etsy store!


We recently decided to go on a little impromptu holiday to a lovely place that's about 2 hours up the coast from where we live. It was so nice to take a break as a family and we had such a relaxed time away! I think this selfie that we took while we were away really captures this feeling!

I used the lovely Endless Summer collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio for this layout.

The Summer Vibes cut file set is perfect for documenting holiday snaps!

The Summer Vibes cut file includes 7 summer themed images, that can be used for your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

There are so many cool icons in this set, and I know that I'll be using it again and again! I decided to use the palm tree image on this layout to mimic the ones in the background of my photo.


First of all I flipped the tree horizontally, as I wanted to place it on the left hand side of my layout and have it leaning towards the centre of the page. I then enlarged it so that I could make it a feature on the page, and cut the leaves and the trunk separately out of two different patterned papers. I then added foam tape underneath it to raise it off the page and give it some extra dimension. I really love how it looks!


There are so many beautiful embellishments in the Endless Summer collection! Here you can see that I created a cluster on the bottom right hand corner of the photo that includes some die cut flowers, a paper bloom, and a flair button. I also added a couple of wooden buttons (woodies) to the layout.


I added my title up in the top right hand corner of the page using alphabet stickers from the Endless Summer collection as well as wood veneer words from the Cocoa Vanilla Colour Me Happy collection. I love combining different alphas to create my titles!

Thanks so much for joining me on the blog today! If you have some vacation or summer photos to scrap, then you must go check out this cut file set in The Cut Shoppe store!


No comments:

Post a Comment