Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Bible Journaling

Hello! Its Melissa here and today I'm back with you to share something thats a bit different than my usual 12x12 scrapbooking layouts.  I started Bible Journaling last year after being inspired by the ladies at Illustrated Faith.  To be honest I've been very intermittent with my journalling, however about 2-3 months ago I started reading the Bible on my iPhone in the night while I feed my baby. Being in the Word on a daily basis re-sparked my love for the Word, and just recently I've felt like creating in my Bible again.

I've been doing a devotion called "Tips on Motherhood" by Karen Stubbs, and one of the day's readings was on the importance of limiting our children on their technology use.  The scripture that accompanied the devotional was Ephesians 5:15-16, and as I read it I knew I needed to journal in my Bible.  The April Showers Cut File Set was perfect for my journaling.  I used my March Hip Kit, and Close To My Heart watercolour paints.



I love that the doodled border helps contain and highlight my journaling.  I selected my watercolour colours from the shades of colour in this Dear Lizzy paper.


The "Love" cloud was perfect to portray my love for my children, hence I need to limit their screen time.  I decided to cut the cloud on white cardstock, and back the tiny open hearts subtly with pink cardstock.


And here is the awesome cut file:


I hope I've inspired you to use these amazing cut files for projects other than scrapbook layouts too! 

Thanks for looking :)


2 comments:

  1. This is inspiring! Love the devotion

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Melissa...an ongoing challenge for us as parents in supporting kids with good choices both on and offline.

    ReplyDelete