Thursday, October 13, 2016

Hello You

Hi everyone!

Today I have something a little bit different to share with you using cut files from The Cut Shoppe! I have recently discovered a love of traveler's notebooks, and so I thought I would share with you how I used the Oakley Avenue cut file set on one of my traveler's notebook spreads!


I use my traveler's notebook to document all of the little things that my youngest daughter and I do together during the week. We often like to meet my sister and my nephew down at the beach in the mornings. The kids enjoy a play together and we usually get a coffee too! This layout documents a day that we did that recently.

I used the Paige Evans 'Take me Away' collection for this layout. I love the gorgeous colours in this collection!

This is the Oakley Avenue cut file set that I used...

The Oakley Avenue cut file set includes 8 fall themed images, that can be used for your scrapbooking and papercrafting projects.

Even though this is a fall themed set, I think it's really versatile and has plenty of images that could be used on a range of different projects! I used three of the cut files from this set on my traveler's notebook spread!


I added patterned paper to the left hand side of the layout, and then created some layers behind my photo to help it stand out from the background. Because of the busy patterned paper, I didn't feel like this side need much embellishing, so I simply added a wood veneer ampersand to the bottom left corner of the photo.


To create the title for my layout I used the word 'Hello' from the Oakley Avenue cut file set, and combined it with a wood veneer word from the Take Me Away collection. I added an arrow underneath the title using another cut file from the same set.


I added my journaling and then finished my layout off with a few hearts. I used the row of hearts in the Oakley Avenue set to cut the hearts out of coordinating patterned papers.

Thanks for joining me on the blog today! I hope you enjoyed taking a peek inside my traveler's notebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment