Thursday, June 30, 2016

Go Fly a Kite

When I was little, I always had so much fun flying kits with my grandpa...well, we probably spent more time getting them out of trees than actually flying, but it was still fun!  That's been a long time ago, but kites are still fun.  We grabbed some for the kids when we were at the beach earlier this year, and the new Go Fly a Kite cut file set was just what I needed to document the photos.


https://www.etsy.com/listing/449706072/the-go-fly-a-kit-cut-file-set-includes-7?ref=shop_home_active_3

I loved this set so much, I ended up using every image from it.  I cut all three kites in varying sizes and used a mix of patterned papers from the Life Is Beautiful collection from Fancy Pants.  And I couldn't have found a more perfect title for the layout, than Go Fly a Kite, so I cut it from one of the Fancy Pants patterned papers.


I wanted a little bit more color in the background of the layout, since I used a White cardstock base, so I sprinkled on three different Color Shine colors.  Then I cut the cloud designs from the Go Fly a Kite set and clustered them on the layout.  I finished the layout with a mix of embellishments from the Life Is Beautiful collection.  But I loved that most of the layout was created with nothing more than the cut files and patterned paper!


The Go Fly a Kite cut file set is now available in The Cut Shoppe Etsy store along with two other new designs!  Make sure you stop by the shop to check them out!!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment