Friday, November 20, 2015

Home At Last

As we head towards the end of hurricane season, I think I can safely say we dodged the bullet this year in south Louisiana, with no big storms entering the Gulf of Mexico. A few years ago, however, a storm named Gustav scared my family north. This layout is about what we found when we returned home from our evacuation, streets so littered with leaves they were green!


Three fabulous cut files help to tell the story, two from The Cut Shoppe store:



and a freebie from the The Cut Shoppe newsletter:


The roadway was the first layer added to the page. I cut and rearranged a few bits so that most of the center of the page was covered with road.

The second layer includes the Falling For You heart, cut twice. The first cut, from patterned paper, was the most intricate. Next, I eliminated all of the interior leaf sections in my digital cutting program and cut the outline only. Finally, I placed the leafy hearts one on top the other, and tucked in the photo of our leaf-littered street, embellished with a transparency, brads, and flair:


A cluster of fall leaves, leftovers from a previously shared project, was used to ground the home-themed ephemera, sticker, and brad, below. I love the color that those leftover maple leaves add to my page:


Home. Even without electricity, it's the place to be. Home...at last!

Thanks for dropping by The Cut Shoppe blog today and Happy Scrapping. 



1 comment: