Thursday, September 17, 2015

Selfie-Retro Rounded Corners Meets Tall Type

Hey there!!  It's Katrina from Paper, Scissors and Glue here today sharing a layout with the Retro Rounded Corners and the Tall Type cut files from the shop. If you aren't sure what the files look like, here are their graphics and shop links.



                                                       

Now, I am going to admit, that when I cut the Retro Rounded, it wasn't what I expected. You know your eyes can play tricks and I didn't realize I was going to get individual pieces.  But after cutting and figuring this out, it gives you WAY more options to create with!!  You can place the pieces anyway you want on your projects and that is just what I did!


You can see that I decided not to use them as a "background" type of cut, but as accents all over my page.  I added some details with some paint to make it look like I had silver enamel dots on parts of the cut outs. 


Here I cut the letters, but then realized they weren't going to stand out quite enough to be seen, so I just added a black outline around all of them after backing with a coordinating pattern paper.  There are so many ways you can do these letters!


Thanks for stopping by The Cut Shoppe blog today and make sure to check out some of the older files in the shop!  There are some good ones!







1 comment: